Founded in 1958, T. Violé Construction Co., Inc. is licensed as both a General Building Contractor and a General Engineering Contractor. Incorporated in 1972, T. Violé has a long-standing relationship with Boston Private Bank & Trust Company. With our team of seasoned, educated professionals, T. Violé Construction Co., Inc. enjoys an excellent reputation based on consistent performance and service to our clients.
Our professional credentials support a broad spectrum of experience in the following areas:
- Aviation: Projects include aircraft hangars, fixed-base operations, terminals, freight buildings, and U.S. Customs facilities.
- Commercial: Projects include country clubs, financial institutions, auto dealerships, office buildings, subterranean garages, parking structures, retail shopping centers, restaurants and self storage facilities.
- Industrial: Projects include distribution facilities, warehouse and light Industrial complexes.
- Institutional: Projects include various non-denominational churches, schools, and activity centers, including kitchens and elevated stages.
- Integrated Building Systems: As the local representative for Butler Manufacturing Company, the industry’s largest and finest supplier of pre-engineered metal building systems, T. Violé serves users on both a general contractor and subcon tractor basis. Projects include heavy and light manufacturing structures, warehouse structures, maintenance facilities and aircraft hangars.
- Interiors: T. Violé Construction is fully equipped and able to handle various interior and tenant improvement projects. Some of our projects include various offices, schools, churches, and fixed-base operations.
The Team / Key Personnel
Timothy L. Violé – Chairman
Tim Violé received a B.S. in Business Administration with an emphasis in Finance and a minor in Engineering from the University of Southern California. Tim is a licensed General Building Contractor and Licensed General Engineering Contractor with over 31 years of construction and development experience. Tim’s broad building background incorporates all types of architectural and structural applications in a great variety of projects including aircraft hangars, fixed-base operations, self-storage facilities, warehouses, light and heavy industrial, office buildings, parking structures (above and below grade), auto dealerships, churches and schools, retail shopping centers, country clubs, and restaurants. From 1984 to present, Tim Violé has been named the designated local representative for the Butler Manufacturing Company as a supplier of pre-engineered steel building systems. Since 2008, Tim has served as a Western Region Representative on Butler Manufacturing Company’s National Advisory Council. Tim has received numerous recognitions from Butler as a High Performance Builder, Volume Builder of the Year – Western Region, and Multi-Story Builder of the Year – Western Region, among others. Additionally since 2008, Tim has been a member of the Board of Directors for the Rye Canyon Business Park Association. He is also a former member Valencia Sherman Business Park Association Board of Directors as well as Marymount High School’s Building and Grounds Committee.
John F. Kurzeka – President and CEO
John Kurzeka received a B. S. in Civil Engineering from Santa Clara University. John is a licensed General Building Contractor with 31 years of construction experience. He spent 17 years with Illig Construction Company where he was a minority shareholder, a member of the Structural Engineers Association of Southern California (SESAC), and was involved in seismic retrofit, historical restoration, and high end interior improvements. John’s experience ranges from renovation of existing structures to building new facilities such as auto dealerships, retail stores, office buildings, storage facilities, churches and schools, and industrial tilt-up buildings. John has experience in building structures that utilize several primary structural systems, the most commonly used being steel, concrete, timber, and masonry. He has expertise in all management and financial aspects of the general contracting business. Additionally, John is currently President of the Los Angeles Water Polo Board of Directors and is a past member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE).