Pre-Construction / Design-Assist Services:
T. Violé Construction has amassed vast experience in value engineering and in-depth knowledge of the architectural process. We frequently are asked to put this expertise to work for Clients, saving them both time and money, by participating in the Preconstruction / Design-Assist process. T. Violé’s assigned Preconstruction Project Manager supervises the following:
- Site Inspection: Perform a site survey and analysis to identify existing conditions that could affect the construction cost.
- Primary Project Schedule: Create a primary project schedule detailing all activities and responsibilities of the project team, update the schedule to include major subcontractor activities and identify long-lead items
- Preliminary Cost Estimates: Provide preliminary estimates indicating an estimated range of the cost of construction at pre-determined stages of design, including a breakout of anticipated owner soft costs.
- Design-Assist / Development: Suggest alternative means and methods and provide value engineering to the Owner, Architect and Owner’s Consultants. Revise the original estimate as the design develops and make preliminary allocations to various building systems to assist the project team in making the most informed decisions.
- Subcontractor Bidding: Invite subcontractors, prequalified by the Owner, Architect and T. Violé, to attend pre-bid meetings to provide input and clarify questions and concerns. Produce and distribute bid packages to bidding subcontractors. Evaluate and record each bid and interview low bidders. Prepare a list of recommended subcontractors for each trade category.
- Final Cost of Construction Budget: Produce a final contract price, including cost of construction, general conditions and Contractor’s fee.
Client satisfaction is our ultimate goal at T. Violé Construction Co., Inc. and Principals are available to Clients throughout every stage of the construction process. Principals maintain a hands-on approach to each project through jobsite visits, project review meetings and monthly operations meetings. T. Violé’s construction services include the following:
- Project Manager: When a project is awarded, T. Violé appoints a Project Manager who has overall responsibility for the project and is involved on an as-needed basis. The Project Manager attends project meetings, maintains the primary project schedule, oversees the documentation and project accounting and administers the Construction Agreement.
- Jobsite Superintendent: Appointed at the inception of the construction process, the Jobsite Superintendent provides overall direction for the project on a full-time, day-to-day basis. The Jobsite Superintendent organizes, coordinates, monitors and inspects the work of subcontractors, attends jobsite meetings, maintains daily documentation and records of changes, and oversees job quality.
- Jobsite Meetings: Clear communication is vital to ensure the success of the project. The Project Manager and Jobsite Superintendent meet weekly with the construction team to discuss progress, challenges, safety and other concerns. Minutes of each meeting are taken and distributed to all members of the team.